Party Wall Matters

Keep your building project moving and avoid disputes between neighbours with a party wall agreement.

// Services

Planning building work on, near or under any walls shared with a neighbour?

Then you need to have a Party Wall Agreement in place and shared with any adjoining neighbours affected, this includes garden walls or anything that sits astride a boundary with a neighbouring property.

As RICs Chartered Surveyors, we can help and advise on all matters relating to the Party Wall Act, whether you are the property owner contemplating building work or a neighbour (adjoining owner) who has been served a party wall notice.

Party Wall Consultation DB+Paul

What is the Party Wall Act and when do you need a Party Wall Agreement?

The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 provides a framework for preventing and resolving disputes relating to party walls, boundary walls and excavations near neighbouring buildings. You will need a Party Wall Agreement for:

  • Building Foundations within 3mm of the adjoining property or foundations deeper than original.
  • Loft Conversions that will rest new structural beams.
  • Building an Extension that’s astride/up to a garden boundary or affects a party wall.
  • Adding a Basement that underpins a party wall.
  • Removing a Chimney Stack that is shared with a neighbour.

Not sure if your project affects a party wall? Speak to our team for more information.

Caught in a Party Wall dispute with your neighbours and require impartial advice?

Written notice of any work to a party wall is a legal requirement of the Party Wall act. If you have already served notice to your adjoining neighbour and their consent hasn’t been obtained, a party wall becomes a more complex matter.

A chartered surveyor is now essential to prevent the party wall from becoming a further legal issue. You can either appoint a single chartered surveyor to act for both properties or hire your own.

As independent experts, we will remain impartial and provide specialist information to ensure any building work is carried out correctly for both properties. Speak to our team.

// residential

Finalist for Best Extension or Alteration to Existing Home Project

Refurbishment projects on old farmhouse in West Bradley.

Read More
refurbishment survey of padfield house, west bradley

Building Project Management

Not only can we advise on party wall agreements and disputes, but we can also support you with planning applications and future building projects.

What’s next for your building project? 

Our Services Planning Applications

Need advice on a Party Wall near Wells, Somerset? 

Get in Touch
DB Paul Chartered Building Surveyors & Architectural Design in Wells, Somerset